• Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors pls help me

will not start says there was a error
    Appname.i_view32.exe
    say error file C:\Docume~1\locals~1\temp|4283_appcompa.txt
    can't figure out how to fix problem

This txt-file doesn't seem related to IrfanView.
    So I would say (because it's in a temp folder) : remove this '4283_appcompa.txt' first and try again.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

appcompat.txt is a temporary file created when a problem occurs, if you have error reporting enabled. It contains information that is to be sent automatically to Microsoft. Only MS techs can make sense of it.

About all you can do is check your system for anything that might cause problems - viruses and malware - and clean up all temporary files (this should be done regularly anyway). Maybe uninstalling and re-installing IV would help (re-install in a different place?).

When and how did this start? After updating Irfanview? Were you able to run IrfanView all right before? Did you install anything else just before it started happening?
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

still having problems

i had the program in my old laptop and it worked fine.i transfered it to my new 1 and now it won't work.i talked to dell they told me they sent me this web site.i have uninstalled it let 20x already and reinstalled it but still will not work emty temp files tryed reinstalling in a diff. place still the same.
        Last edited by total_trouble; 14.09.2007, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Windows version?
          Account type - admin or not?
          Installed for all users?
          Any other details in error message(s)? Like what kind of error - anything?
          Anything else crashing?

It is impossible to say anything without some clue as to what might be causing the problem. Sheesh, a new laptop. I just lost a little more of my minimal respect for Dell. lol
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X