Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 page TIF images?

Hello,

When I open a TIF in IrfanView 4.00 it has 2 pages. The second page is the same as the actual image, but faded, almost like some kind of index or thumbnail. What is this second page? Is there a setting I need to change to avoid it's creation? Please see attachment

Thanks in advance.

zipped attachments

Thank-you

Comment

Hi cdavismicrodesk,

What is this second page?
      The person who created this images included it.

Is there a setting I need to change to avoid it's creation?
      IrfanView did not create the second page. To get rif of it, save only the first page (big image) of the image.

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thank you for replying Laurent

I'm hoping I can narrow this down as the second page is specific to IrfanView. The same TIF in Microsoft Imaging, Pain, Paintshop Pro only has one page. I'm working with the TIF in AutoCAD with Raster Design. Yes, only the TIFs saved from Raster display this second page. I do have a case in with Autodesk but I was thinking maybe someone here might have seen/heard of something similar.

Thank-you

Comment

Hi cdavismicrodesk,

the second page is specific to IrfanView. The same TIF in Microsoft Imaging, Pain, Paintshop Pro only has one page
          I opened your images with FastStone Viewer and it has two images.
          I opened it with the GIMP and it has two layers (one is the very big image, the other is the small one).
          This isn't something specific to IrfanView.
          Not sure that neither Microsoft Imaging nor Paint can display multipage TIFFs. In the case of Paint Shop Pro, I don't know.

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thanks Laurent,

I couldn't think of any other viewers I could test on. I had not thought about the ones I have simply not being able to to show multi page...even if they're really there. This gives me enough to go back with.

Much appreciated. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X