Slideshow on HDTV by VGA from laptop PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow on HDTV by VGA from laptop PC

I am preparing a multimedia presentation for my upcoming high school reunion using Slideshow on my PC laptop connected to the VGA input of an HDTV set. I'm using the "dual" display setup of my NVIDIA card so that the desktop screen display of my laptop extends to the HDTV screen. That lets me slide the Ifran display window on to the HDTV where it is configured to display the slideshow full screen when I start it on the laptop Slideshow controls. I've cropped all the images so they fill the 16:9 HDTV format. So far so good. It works beautifully with background music coming from the TV set via an audio cable as the slides display.

However, I would like to include some very short video animations sequences throughout the .JPG slide show. I've created a short animation in .avi, .wmv, .swf and .mpg formats but they only display on the laptop, not the HDTV. The Flash version plays on HDTV but as a new window over the slide show.

From past reading I believe the "overlay feature" has something to do with this but I'm wondering if anyone can provide a solution that would allow me to display a mixed-format presentation on the full HDTV screen from my PC laptop.
    Last edited by nycpaull; 13.09.2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: Misleading info in Title

Overlay... yes, maybe. The only solution I can think of is to insert your video file into a program like ProShow and save the document as a full screen .exe file.

Comment

Working...
    X