randomly renaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

randomly renaming

I work in a lab. They take images in a jpg format. They then need them renamed with a random name for analysis to make the study blind.

I am renaming a list of 50 files and creating a list, old name, random new name as a index. There has to be a better way!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    hootowls

Hi Hootowls,

Hhmm, ... you're right!
    Until now I doesn't see the possibilty to rename picture files randomly with the program IrfanView!
    There only exist the ability to play or create randomly slideshows!

In my opinion in the batch rename settings there could be add a name pattern for randomly renaming!
    But the question is also: How many users want such an option?

If you really need this option, please contact the program author and tell him your idea!
    And tell him, why this is a really good thing!

Up to then try to use Ant Renamer, Bulk Rename Utility, Joe, Lupas Rename, ReNamer, Rename Master or another tool!

regards
    Frank
    Last edited by Frank; 16.05.2011, 04:20 PM. Reason: Add further renaming programs!

Comment

I agree with Frank: Hootowls' use appears to be for commercial ends. Now, IrfanView is free for personal, non-commercial usage. Irfan also customizes IrfanView as per requirements of clients - for a thoroughly affordable fee, I guess...
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Thank You!

Thank you. I really was looking for another software package. Irfanview is my graphics multi-tool and i believe this is too far from its focus.

Frank, the Ant Renamer works well. It renames the files and provide a log file to track the changes. Perfect! I looked and tried several from SourceForge and Cnet, but I missed this one.

Thank you again,
        hootowls

Comment

Working...
        X