show does not stop when viewer window closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show does not stop when viewer window closed

Not a nasty bug, just a bit spooky. I was playing with the window show (Shift+A) vs. slideshow features with the thumb window open. I closed the viewer window (Escape) while the pics were being shown, without stopping the show with another Shift+A. The show went on, in a way - the focus kept moving from one image to another in the thumb viewer. They were apparently being loaded into memory, because the cursor indicated "busyness" when hovered over the window.

It was really funny to watch the images being highlighted one after another. I closed the thumb window and all was peaceful.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Odd behaviour indeed. While trying to confirm this, I noticed a difference. If you do an 'Esc' while active in the thumbs-window,
    this window will close, but the slideshow, in order, goes on in the view window. If 'Esc' is done in the view-window, then this will close, and, as you stated, the focus still will jump on in the thumb viewer.
    So I think 'Esc' should over-rule Shift+A.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I would expect the Esc to close whichever window was focused, that is normal behavior. What surprised me was how the thumb window carried on with a "ghost" walking through the images when it was left behind. But I had never done it that way before, I had closed the thumb window first.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I expected that behaviour too.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...