Fading Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Fading Screen

Loaded V4.25 on a new computer with Win 7 64 bit. The computer has an unusually large monitor--2048x1152 resolution. If there is an image in the Irfanview window or in an Irfanview pop-up window (eg, video plug-in), everything is normal. However, an empty Irfanview window causes the entire screen to dim when the window exceeds roughly half of the screen pixels. The screen brightness is normal with an empty Irfanview window up to about half of the screen "real estate", then the entire screen dims in proportion to the Irfanview window size as that window is made larger. By full screen window size, the monitor is dark and nothing is visible. As the Irfanview window is made smaller, the entire screen brightens again until it reaches normal brightness when the window is down to about half of the screen size. The effect is a function of total pixels in the window, regardless of window shape. This is the only software on the computer that exhibits this effect, so I'm assuming it is software related.

ps - I just registered on this forum because it is the first time I've encountered a bug in Irfanview, so the profile shows me as an IV Newbie. However, I've been a fan and registered user for many years. Irfanview is one of the first programs I load on any new computer.
    Last edited by ghmarcus; 11.04.2010, 02:34 PM.

Welcome to the Forum, ghmarcus. Yes, the Forum labels you a Newbie. Check out Frank's Post for the details. IrfanView is one of the first programs (after the OS and Security Solution, that is) that I load onto a new/ newly formatted Computer too!

The problem has its roots in Windows 7 64-Bit, for, this is the first time someone has encountered the issue, to my knowledge. Anyways, I hope some Win 7 64-Bit user in here ( with real estate matching yours! ) has a solution!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with a 1680x1050 screen, but I didn't experience your problem.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Working...
      X