loads fast, exits slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loads fast, exits slow

If I select several pictures and open them, each one loads in a separate instance of IrfanView, which is what I want. They load very fast.

But when I try to close each instance of IrfanView, one after the other they lag every once and a while and it takes a few seconds before it closes and the next one can be closed.

Is there something in properties that causes this lag when shutting down multiple IrfanViews ?

Fast loading, but a few seconds ? I guess every priority has its price in another area.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hmm...it doesn't do that for me. Different systems, different quirks. Multiple instances can cause odd little conflicts with INI's. Maybe your file system makes it...thoughtful.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I used to be able to close them all down as fast as I could click, but something changed. I know a few seconds don't sound like much but when you have 20 pictures open and after closing 3 or 4 pictures you have to wait 3 or 4 seconds, then it does it again after the next 4 pictures close, it gets frustrating.

I just tried opening several instances of notepad and closing them one after the other and they closed as fast as I could click so I suspect it some setting in IrfanView that's causing it.

Then I tried opening 20 blank instances of InfanView without any pictures and they all closed fast, so it's waiting or doing something with the pictures as it closing that's causing the problem.

Ok, I tried another image viewer and it's doing the same thing, and I am noticing that when they are closing and lagging, the hard drive is running like it's using it for memory overflow or something. This probably all started with a windows update.
        Last edited by skull8; 16.09.2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I opend 40 GIF images, all roughly the same size — about 75 Kbytes. I closed them all as fast as I could click.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.09.2007, 08:18 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi skull 8,
            Why not set your Properties to ‘Only 1 instance of IrfanView is active’ and browse trough the images with the Space key/Backspace key? Than you only have to close one instance of IrfanView. I don't see the benefit of starting and closing 20 pictures while you can only see/edit one picture at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X