Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a multiple rectangle selection? / Invert a selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a multiple rectangle selection? / Invert a selection?

Hello,
    1. How to make a multiple rectangle selection?
    2. How to invert a selection? (select all except the current selection)

3 . In a multi-page TIFF image, the changes/modifications you just made in a page gone if you browse the other pages.
    So, how to keep the modifications in a pages when browsing to the other pages?
    EXEMPLE: open file Fax.TIF containing 3 pages, edit page1, go to page3, edit page3, save file (with all modifications).

4. Is there IV plug-ins helping to edit/clean fax multi-page TIFF image?

Thanks

Irfanview 4.23
    Last edited by samz; 06.05.2010, 10:14 AM.

1. Can't.
    2. Can't.
    3. Save it first.
    4. Depends on what you mean by "clean".
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, samz. You can do Number 2, that is, select all except the current selection, by making your selection and using Control+X to cut it out. What you are left with is the rest of the original image!

You have a variety of tools in IrfanView for cleaning smudges, etc., from all kinds of image file formats - are you additionally looking at editing text in faxes?

I'm afraid matera is absolutely correct in her other answers...
      Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
      IrfanView Website - Here
      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Hmmm. I suppose you can put that argument regarding number 2, WellOiledPC, in that Cut is an inverted version of Crop. It is not a particularly useful function of the selection box though. In more than 10 years I cannot remember ever using it.
        I have though on numerous occasions wanted to apply an effect (such as blur) to the area outside the selection rather than inside it, so I rate Matera as being 95% right in saying Can't be done.

Comment

Working...
        X