I'm crying 'Uncle'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm crying 'Uncle'...

Have been trying now for the past 4 hours to figure this out; and am now conceding defeat.

I was using 4.00 along with XP Pro on my laptop. As things progressed, I uninstalled and replaced 4.00 with a previous version. No improvement.

I don't use Irfanview that often; and usually use it to decrease the byte size of graphic files. I am not versed in the plugins, so if the solution is them, please be basic.

I have a 3 image TIFF file that I am opening in IFV. It was created by scanning using HPDirector which is for my printer, and HP6210xi.

When I click on the arrow, in IFV, to go to the 2nd frame of the TIFF, I get the following......

Documents and settings\chuck.Compaq\desktop\maintenanceschedule. pdf : Can’t read file header !
    Unknown file format or file not found !

Initially it also referred to something called Postscript and GHostscript. I did check to see, initially, that the Postscript.dll was in the correct directory ... and after uninstalling, back to 3.99, presume it is not there now.

It seems as if it is connected to Acrobat Adobe ... so I've also uninstalled it, along with deleting any pdf files that are within the directory highlighted ... ALL to no avail.

I just can't seem to get to the 2nd or 3rd frame of my TIFF file.

What do I need to do?

TIA

You will need AFPL Ghostscript version 8.54 and the right plugin for the version of IrfanView that you are using. It would be best to reinstall IV4 and install the current plugin set. The Ghostscript flavor and version is important, no other version will work with IV

Goodness, one certainly can find surprises in TIF's.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Are you sure that you're going to the next page in the TIFF image — it sounds more like you're going to the next file in the current directory.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi doonboggle,

To go to the previous / next page of a multipage TIFF, use the up and down arrows in the toolbar. If you use the left / right arrows in the toolbar, you go to the previous / next image in your disk, as Bhikkhu Pesala said (there is a PDF file in the same directory as your TIFF).

Laurent
        Last edited by Laurent; 19.09.2007, 01:52 PM.
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
        X