Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Insufficient Memory error

Hi
    I'm trying to add text to a JPG image 13958 x 12447. When i Save it I always get the message "JPG save error : Insufficient memory (case 4)"
    I work on a Intel Centrino vPro 3GB memory and Windows XP sp3.
    What's the matter ?

I can reproduce this error.

On my 1 Gbyte system I can create an even bigger image by increasing the canvas of a small JPG by 13958 x 12447 and save it successfully using IrfanView 4.25, but not in version 4.27, even though I can open the image OK. The size of the image in memory is about 600 Mbytes — big, but should not be too big. Turning off undo doesn't seem to help.

I have sent a report to Irfan.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.06.2010, 06:53 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I heard back from Irfan
      I don't recall any major change in JPG handling since many versions, so this will work or not, pretty same with all IrfanView versions.

The JPG saver uses only the RAM memory and I found a comment in my code about a JPG library limit (if only RAM is used and not a temporary file) 12000x12000 pixels.

=> the save code is not changed in 4.27.

If there is a "change", maybe because less programs are running in the system and more memory is free.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

IrfanView Test Version

Irfan sent me a test version that saves images to a temporary file if the size in memory is larger than 512 Mbytes.

Try it and see if it helps. Back up i_view32.exe and extract the test version to the installation folder.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X