Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista's Explorer Thumbnails switched to IrfanView and go back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista's Explorer Thumbnails switched to IrfanView and go back!

Hi there, I've installed IrfanView 4.00 on my MS Windows Vista Home Premium and now I can't get the Explorer window to show me the normal MS thumbnailed previews of my pictures. I tried:
    1. Removing the IrfanView file association from all file types from within IrfanView's Options -> Set File Associations -> Clear All -> For All Users
    2. Uninstalling IrfanView
    3. Looking through MS Explorer's view options & tools options
    4. Installing various .INF's, etc. that were designed to fix this problem in WinXP

...but nothing worked. Please help me! Thanks in advance.

I use Vista Home Premium with Infanview 4.00 installed and have no problems with Explorer Thumbnails. I have file associations set to Irfanview for JPG and a number of other formats. All of them display as normal thumbnails when browsing.

Comment

Did you try to delete every keyname of IrfanView in the Windows Registry?

Comment

Hi

I know this is old, but I have found a problem.
        Your Vista optimised for performance, so it replacing all thumbnails with "fat CAT".

go to control panel - system - advance system settings - chouse tab "ADVANCED" - In "performance" select setings and change to "Let Windows choose...." or "Adjust for better appearence"

Comment

All that performance setting is doing in this instance is checking the Always show icons never thumbnails option. You can access that at any time in Windows Explorer from Tools>Folder options>View tab.

The OP told us that it was installing IrfanView that stopped him from viewing as Thumbnails. I never thought to ask him to check if he had turned them off himself.

Comment

Working...
          X