FilterFactory plugins wont stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FilterFactory plugins wont stay

I can't get the *8BF PlugIns to stay in the panel titled Irfanview - Filter Factory. That is, if I go to Add FF filter (*.8BF), navigate to the folder titled Filter Factory *BF, the filters in there are loaded. But if I close the panel and come back to it later, the filters are no longer listed.

I've had this problem for a while, but it all used to work fine. Very recently I deleted all the plugin folders and then downloaded the latest plugin pack and installed it to see if that would help. No help.This all used to work fine and I had a number of BF filters that used to show up and stayed on the list between sessions. No more.

What am I missing? Thanks.

I'm missing something too here, because I can't confirm this behaviour.
    Regarding the plugin pack : It's not a matter of the latest version, it should be the pack, distributed with the version of IV you use.
    Is the same happening when you Add filters via the Adobe dialog ? (Ctrl-K).
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I have seen this behavior, but I'm not much help. I seem to recall it was a bug in one particular version, and I just went back to the previous one until Irfan squashed it. It might help to get rid of the FFactory INI files and start fresh. Or it might not.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
        I'm missing something too here, because I can't confirm this behaviour.
        Regarding the plugin pack : It's not a matter of the latest version, it should be the pack, distributed with the version of IV you use.
        Is the same happening when you Add filters via the Adobe dialog ? (Ctrl-K).
        No, the Adobe dialog works fine. BTW, I'm using Ifanview 4.00.

Thanks

Comment

So I would say, stick to the Adobe dialog for the moment.
          The fact that they both have their own directories is maybe nice for the survey, but is not significant. In both dialogs one can browse to any dir.

There's a thread here about the Filter Factory option, and it came out that Adobe dialog could handle all FF filters, while the FF dialog couldn't handle a lot of 'Adobe' filters. So there's a discussion going on about skipping the FF option and using only one dialog for *.8bf plugins.
          With merging the advancements of both dialogs.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

SamZen sed: So I would say, stick to the Adobe dialog for the moment.

Thanks, problem solved!

Comment

Working...
            X