Cannot Run Batch Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Run Batch Operations

If any language DLL apart from the default English.dll is selected, then batch operations cannot be run.

File, Batch Conversion/Rename has no effect.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Hi,

With French, Convert works, but Rename ignores destination directory and overwrites files even the corresponding option is not checked.
    Bugs don't speak French, they speak Binary

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Confirmed. Also tested with Italian and Dutch. The 'B' command does nothing.
      But I thought this was only a matter of the special edition of IV exe coming with the Paint plugin ..?
      Just tested this with the bare version of IV, and no problem there.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaack! I thought the batch bug bit me! I couldn't do a batch conversion of any kind except renaming. I got a "can't load" error for all images. No matter what directories I used for input/output, I couldn't create thumbnails. Devastating! Panic!

I tried a lot of time-wasting things. Then I figured out why. I had "Crop" checked as well as "Resize." *rolls eyes* All right, I can't see dung and I know it.

So laugh already, laughter is healthy :P At least my bug spoke Anglais.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I must admit, my health has increased.
          Btw this is a good example of my statement in the beta-testing discussion about doing things that the user is not supposed to do.
          Of course these two checkboxes shouldn't be allowed to be on at the same time, unless there is a protocol that decides which one goes first.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I think there is such a protocol. It was just my luck that I had done a batch crop on some very large images, and then I wanted to thumb some much smaller ones. IV said "that's impossible!" but it didn't say why.

Glad to hear you're feeling well
            ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

If it's there, I like to know the protocol too. Because the reason of "that's impossible!" is important information.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

...Couldn't produce such error. I batch-converted very big ones and very small ones from within the same folder (even different formats in one session). Cropping and Resizing the lot. First there's the crop and after that the cropped data will be resized. So what could go wrong?

Comment

Beats the flip out of me. The crop setting was the only thing I had to change to make it work. Now I just tried a couple of batch runs with the crop checked again, same settings as before all around, and the same thing happens - "can't load." See attached screenshot for the "bad" settings. The images that I used for this test run ranged from 300px square to a couple of times that, random stuff. The previous failure was with images in around that size range.
                  Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 03:36 AM.
                  ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

I configurated the batch settings the same as in your attachment, but didn't get the ‘can't load’ message. The 300×300 pixels jpg images between the large ones where skipped because of the Crop settings (840×822 px) that are ‘overruling’ the size of that jpg images.

Comment

I can't batch process either, and assume it is crop (and/or resize) which is causing the "can't load" error. As Matera, I panicked.

I've used Irfanview batch to clean up (crop) my video captures. Doesn't everyone? Captures are all standard sized, with corrupted borders predictably sized. Irfanview batch has worked nicely, until the most recent version.

Now I'm back to Irfanview 3.85. It works fine, though won't convert & rename at the same time. I've also used Irfanview to make thumbnails by batch, (which requires two ops with 3.85). Works great when images are similarly sized.

Video capture work is common, and if Irfanview batch won't work as it did before then it should treated as a MAJOR bug.

Also, thumbnail creation, by limiting resizing to specific bounds, should be a simple program adjustment which Irfanview might consider.
                      --
                      walking

Comment

Working...
                      X