Overlay Text is Added to Panorama Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlay Text is Added to Panorama Images

Whatever font is the default for "Insert Text into Selection" is used to add the filename to the top left corner of each image used when creating a panorama.

I think this is a bug, at least I don't recall it happening in earlier versions. Not only is text added, but after the first image, a strip of background colour is added, which creates a border between the component images in the Panorama.

Edit:

I found the source of the problem. The bug does not occur with the original i_view32.exe, only with the special edition downloaded for use with Irfan Paint.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.09.2007, 11:12 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    I found the source of the problem. The bug does not occur with the original i_view32.exe, only with the special edition downloaded for use with Irfan Paint.
    The "special edition" is a nightly build of IV that, with some changes, will become the 4.02 version of IV. The bug may be caused by a feature not fully implemented that will be finished for the official release.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Hmm.. I don't like text on my panorama images.

Edit : Just now I read the prehistory of this in the Support forum.
      I was surprised about the lack of consistency of everyone's INI files. I mean the order of the groups.
      Mine has AddText right on top of Panorama.
      Last edited by Sam_Zen; 24.09.2007, 01:03 AM.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Ok, font and color from the "Insert Text" dialog, but I wondered why then the content is the filename, not the latest added text.
        The filename is a so-called 'placeholder' represented by the string "$F".
        In the INI this variable can be found in Viewing-Fulltext= en Slideshow-Text=
        The fullscreen filename addition doesn't use the font setting of "Insert Text", but a small green one. As the slideshow too.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          The fullscreen filename addition doesn't use the font setting of "Insert Text", but a small green one. As the slideshow too.
          The fullscreen options allow you to set the font and colour independently of the Insert text into selection options.

The order of sections in the INI file is the order in which you first used them.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yep, my first consideration about the cause of different orders.
            And, I did some testing in the meantime by changing the order of sections in the INI, but it makes no difference in behaviour.
            So the exposed filename doesn't come from something in the INI.

To be sure, because of another current bug, I checked this with other language modules, but the result was the same.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Ok, my supposition has been confirmed:
              Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan
              Panorama: yes, the EXE is a test EXE, primary for Paint, not for a 100% normal working ;-) I added a new option for panorama, which is always set to 1 in the test EXE ...
              [...]
              => ignore the panorama problem, this is a dummy.
              The users should use it for Paint, not for all other stuff, there are some other beta things inside.
              IrfanPaint developer
              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I suspected something like that!
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
                X