Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Viewing jpgs on a Canon IXUS screen

Hello all,

I have made a number of attempts to save jpgs from IrfanView with the purpose of viewing them on my Canon IXUS 70 digital camera screen. It seems no matter what option boxes I tick or untick in the jpg dialogue box the camera does not recognise the image and cannot display the image.

Is it possible to output a jpg from IrfanView and then view it on a digital camera screen? The image is the correct resolution and bit depth.

Any help much appreciated

Glen.

p.s. .........quoted from the Canon web site:

JPEG Compression, (compatible with Exif 2.2)
    Compatible with DPOF Version 1.1

I suppose you mean with "save jpgs from IrfanView" : placing them on your pc harddisk.
    I don't know about the options of different cameras to access such directories for viewing.
    But a camera has a memory. So maybe copying the files back in the camera would help.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I would imagine that is what he is doing. But a camera has its own way of looking at things. I did a little nosing around and found this interesting page. It's mostly a matter of file naming, apparently, with a little magic here and there. Cameras are much more rigid in their "thinking" than our beloved IV.
      Last edited by matera; 26.09.2007, 04:08 AM.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

BRAVO!

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, I was copying the sample image (saved from IrfanView) back onto the SD memory card. It was named correctly and placed in the correct directory etc etc etc .........NOW, having installed the 'tvwriter' software on the suggested web site the image is now magically viewable.

Thank you again.

Glen

p.s. I am still mystified as to why it is not possible to save a jpg in correct formats and naming conventions and for it not to work on the Canon.

Comment

If I am reading this correctly, the problem was only renaming the images to allow the Canon camera to 'see' the images downloaded.

If that is so, then you can use IrfanView to rename the images to anything valid. What's the problem?
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by glen.saberton View Post
            p.s. I am still mystified as to why it is not possible to save a jpg in correct formats and naming conventions and for it not to work on the Canon.
            That's where the little bit of magic comes in Mr. Camera may need some itty bitty byte somewhere that others don't, and if the extra flavoring isn't put in the file he spits it out. That software has to be pretty smart to be able to please all cameras. Glad you're satisfied. I never thought of using a camera for an image viewer, but I love to Google up interesting things. I'm glad I found that site, because there's a lot there for me.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by glen.saberton View Post
              I am still mystified as to why it is not possible to save a jpg in correct formats and naming conventions and for it not to work on the Canon.
              All you need to do is create a plugin that adds all the special little goodies, specific to Canon needs, in saving files in a Canon file format, so as that pictures saved with IrfanView will be completely compatible with viewing on Canon cameras.

That's all! . (and good luck with that)
              Last edited by ChuckE; 28.09.2007, 12:23 AM.
              I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
              Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
              X