All processing options from Command Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested All processing options from Command Line

I've been usign IrfanView for a while now and the feature I especially like and value is command-line batch processing. What I miss though is full command-line coverage of all options that are available on Batch Processing window. Wouldn't it be simpler if iv allowed poinitng to processing INI file and image list file rather that adding one or 2 more options to each next version of iv? E.g. right now I need to batch-modify RGB values of each pict, and it is possible from Batch Processing window, but not from the command line.

Command-line Features

It doesn't seem like all the options are available in the command-line.

Obviously some options don't make sense, but for example, Vertical Flip and Horizontal Flip are not available from the command-line (or maybe I am missing something).

Comment

Hi mattvolley,

I didn't find them either (but rotate_l and rotate_r are available). I agree that it would be great if more command line options were available.

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I agree on this. At least it should be tuned, so that Batch processing and command-line have the same options.

After all, a batch function once started as running a batch-file from the command line.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hidden commands

You could try the hidden commands /vflip and /hflip:
          i_view32.exe test.bmp /vflip /convert=vflip.jpg

Comment

Hidden commands ? Tell me more, I'm trying to keep my file with commands as complete as possible..
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

hflip and vflip

The "i_options.txt" doesn’t mention these commands, but they work fine and can be combined with /rotate_l and /rotate_r too.

Comment

Thanks.
                I will update this in the TechDoc dept.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I second this suggestion and add an extension to it. Some other programs that have batch processing options allow you to put the options in an "options file" and then reference the options file on the command line. This way, common combinations of options can be tucked away for future use. For example: PortraitPhotos.ini might include the commands to rotate left, resize to 1024x800 and convert to JPG.

The programs that have this feature typically let you override the options in the file by including them on the command line. That is, the program just processes the file first and then the command line with a "last option value found wins" strategy.

Some of these programs also let you create an options file from the options used by the program. This feature is handy and helps to make the options file format self-documenting … a user can use the created options file as a template. Sometimes that is easier than finding/interpreting the real documentation.

Comment

This brings up an issue posted before. Why is it possible to load a txt-file in the Batch dialog, but is it not possible to save one?
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I posted a request for "progressive" via command line option in http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=1158
                      Only now I saw this thread.

I vote for having ALL batch options on the command line.
                      -- IV 4.35 - Win7 Prof. --

Comment

Working...
                      X