Batch conversion wnd closes after aboting the conversion process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch conversion wnd closes after aboting the conversion process

In Batch conversion mode, after selecting files to convert and various conversion options and pressing Start, processing begins. If the processing is aborted (e.g. because destination files already exist and thus errors were reported), the only option available is Exit, and it closes the Batch conversion window. That means losing the file selections. Wouldn't it be a better idea to get back to Batch conversion window after pressing Exit?
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 04:09 PM.

Hi ET_Go_Home,

If the problem is that the file already exists and is not overwritten, look in the options: you can force IrfanView to overwrite an existing file and your conversion will go on.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Not exactly a bugreport imo.
      Getting back to the Batch dialog with Exit would mean a contradiction.

But I understand the annoying effect of loosing the file selection, if, for some reason, the process in interrupted.
      An option to 'skip' the troublesome file to continue with the next one would be quite elegant.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Right, this could be categorized as an enhancement, but in my opinion not being able to get back to Batch window after unsuccessful conversion is a serious functionality issue. And it's not a matter of overwriting the existing files - I just gave an example of what may go wrong. There shoud be at least an option to save the file list (as there is "Load TXT" button).

Comment

Working...
        X