No announcement yet.

Center shortcut and [View][Display Options][Default Size] &[Center Image]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Center shortcut and [View][Display Options][Default Size] &[Center Image]

Many times I would like to compare images on what I focus on at the cameras default image size (100%). My focus is often centered.
    When I use [Do not Fit Anything] it does not [Center Image].

So a short-cut key to center and/or a display option to default to centered when images are larger than window would be very nice.

Not all clear by me what you mean. So you don't mean the ?f? shortcut?

Comment

He wants the full-sized image to load centered, the center of the image automatically in the center of the screen when the image is larger than the window. This would be a useful feature sometimes, I wished I had it today.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I'd likely use this as well...seeing the blue sky in the corner, for example, doesn't help much when you want to deal with the people who were the main subject.

Comment

I see what you mean. Mm.. I always use Enter (whole picture) or the minus key (center picture). Maybe when I would actually edit any photograph in IV, I could have been looking forward to this feature, but still I can't imagine the benefits of this center issue. Could eighter of you help me out on this?
          Last edited by Sjef; 01.10.2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Mainly it is to compare two or more slightly different shots of the same or similar subject. One wants to "cut to the chase" and view the focal point of each image at full size - not squizzed down and resampled, but the original pixels - without having to scroll each image as it is loaded. "Which bee in the flower has the best sheen on its wings" or "Which shot of the whole wedding group has the best smiling bride" sort of thing. Also nice for comparing scans of the same thing made with slightly different parameters. The details are not clear enough in an image fitted to the screen, and having to scroll is deadly distracting.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
              Mm.. I always use Enter (whole picture) or the minus key (center picture).
              Unless I'm missing something (which can happen), these two ways of seeing pix don't show the toolbars, which I depend upon...

Most of my pix aren't that big as I only have a 2 Mgpx camera, but friends have sent me pix that are larger, and when I view them in IV, I tend to see just the upper left corner, which is most likely not what the pix was about.

Because of this, I started using another option that dosn't show it full size first, so it makes another step to then ask for 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                Mainly it is to compare two or more slightly different shots of the same or similar subject. One wants to "cut to the chase" and view the focal point of each image at full size - not squizzed down and resampled, but the original pixels - without having to scroll each image as it is loaded. "Which bee in the flower has the best sheen on its wings".
                Originally posted by matera View Post
                He wants the full-sized image to load centered, the center of the image automatically in the center of the screen when the image is larger than the window. This would be a useful feature sometimes, I wished I had it today.
                But you have: In those cases I load the files (e.g. bees) in separated IrfanViews, press the minus key in all of the examples (assuming that the objects are in the middle) and use Alt-Tab to switch between the photo's to compare them at 100%.
                Last edited by Sjef; 02.10.2007, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
                  But you have: In those cases I load the files (e.g. bees) in separated IrfanViews, press the minus key in all of the examples (assuming that the objects are in the middle) and use Alt-Tab to switch between the photo's to compare them at 100%.

You nailed it SJeff. Learning your Digital Camera Settings or just using the multi-shot/multi-F-Stop options. Comparing lenses.

I like to crop down photos quickly for emails and default centering in full size mode would be really nice for saving time i.e. N-ext (crop), N-ext (crop) ...

Comment

Another nice (and free) program to quickly crop your photographs is to find on this site: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X