Panoramarama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Panoramarama

The 'Create Panorama Image' is already there for a long time. Without almost any change.
    There was not very much attention to this tool, also by me, until the recent probs with the overlay text in the IP version.
    So I've made a kind of wish-list for this tool :

1~ A keyboard shortcut

Now, if the files have different dimensions, the files are resized to the width or height of the 1st file of the list.
    2~ A search for the biggest bitmap in the list, and make that the default width or height.
    Ok, one can say: then re-order the filelist and put the biggest bitmap at nr 1, but that's maybe often a non-solution, because one did choose for a particular file order from e.g. left to right.

A logic follow-up:
    3~ The choice which file in the list will define the default width or height of the rest.
    4~ No resizing at all. The width or height is picked from the biggest one, and the rest keeps its own pixelsize, with the loose space filled up with e.g. the background color. The Canvas function.

Far future refinements :
    5~ Spacing the bitmaps by a canvas nr of pixels, only hor. or vert., according to the current Panorama mode.
    6~ Using it as a 2D tool, so both hor. and vert. are active at the same time, making some kind of table with cells.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Some changes might be already coming in the next release. See this post

6. Can be done with Create Contact Sheet from selected files, but it does take some mental arithmetic to prevent resizing and offers no manual selection of sort order (you can sort the thumbnails by size)

4. Can also be done with Create Contact Sheet — 1 column and several rows, or 1 row and several columns.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.09.2007, 07:11 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yep. I noticed that post too.
      I was aware of the fact that especially 6~ would come close to the possibility of saving a group of files in the thumbnail dialog. But in a panorama stitching one usually want to have the bitmaps in their original pixelsize as much as possible.
      Via the thumbnail dialog indeed some mathematics would be required.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X