Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Multi Display Support

Hi,

i am using an extended desktop. Display 1 is my pc monitor on 1280x1024 and display 2 is my Beamer on 1280x720. So what i imagine is that i can watch my pics in Fullscreen on my beamer and also on my Monitor. It would be good if i could choose to see a window only on the monitor too while the Beamer still has Fullscreen. My Beamer isnt always on when i use the pc and i could choose the next picture with the Total Commander then easily.

I found a cosmetic problem with irfanview in full screen. when it starts in fullscreen it first does display a window and switches to fullscreen then. it would look better if it would start in fullscreen. perhaps its possible to use the fade in fade out effect from the desktop to the picture and back from the picture to the desktop too when this fade is switched on for fullscreen.

I found a problem with the mousepointer there too. when i move the display window to the secondary display and i choose the irfanview thumbnail browser which will be displayed on Display 1 the mouse pointer becomes invisible.

Perhaps we can find more nice things for multimonitor usage to make it comfortable.
    Last edited by Stevie; 30.09.2007, 11:21 AM.

Dual monitor issues

Originally posted by Stevie View Post
    Hi,
    I found a problem with the mousepointer there too. when i move the display window to the secondary display and i choose the irfanview thumbnail browser which will be displayed on Display 1 the mouse pointer becomes invisible.
    Yes, that is a strange bug. I normally get a cursor on display 2 when I do that but it has changed to a 2 headed arrow (the sort used for resizing windows). If I drag the cursor rapidly from display 1 to 2 though, it is OK - it stays as a normal pointer arrow. This bug only happens with thumbnails on display 1 and a full IrfanView window on display 2. Very odd.

I quite often use extended desktop with my digital projector as display 2 and select which images to show from thumbnails on display 1 (a laptop). The way I work is to open thumbnails first on display 1 (I have a shortcut with the /thumbs option in the command line). I select the thumbnail folder I want, usually from the MRUD toolbar. The main window is always left on display 2 and I have the 'Start in full screen' option set in Misc1. Then when I double click a thumbnail (or select and Enter), the image appears cleanly in full screen on the projector screen. The only issue is that the projector does flash up an empty window very briefly when I first open the program but I leave the lens cap on until after I have done that.

The feature I would most like to see when working this way, is for the thumbnail selection to follow the image being displayed. That way, when I step forward or back using mouse or arrow keys or auto-display (Shift A), I could easily identify which image is being shown. Ideally the thumbnails would scroll automatically to keep the selected one on screen.

Comment

Working...
    X