DWF plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWF plugin

Just wondering if anyone knew of a Irfanview plugin that would open DWF files. I know of one that will open other CAD drawings (like DWG etc) but I can not find anything that will open DWF files.

I would suggest contacting the authors of the DWG plugin, if DWF is a similar format.

The CADSoftTools company has been developing CAD products since 2000. The products include ready-made applications, libraries for developers, plugins for third-party applications and free online services. Today CADSoftTools has clients all over the world and cooperate with such well-known companies as Samsung, LG, Hitachi and Boeing.

Their plugin is not free.

There is a tool to convert DWF to DWG, but that is not free either.

This seems to be due to the nature of CAD files — presumably they're too complex to develop free plugins for, unless they already contain an embedded preview image.

One has to ask, what is the point of converting CAD images to a bitmap? If all you can do is view a low-resolution bitmap, there doesn't seem to be much value in that. Buy a vector drawing program that can open and edit these files.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.11.2010, 06:25 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'd also find a DWF plugin useful. I think that the Drawing Web Format (DWF) was developed for reviewing drawings and sharing them on the web. Sometimes we can only get a DWF version of a file. AutoDesk has a free software to view them with but it uses a lot of memory and is slow to load. Irfanview is much faster and simpler.
      Geoffrey -- IV4.28, gs8.54APFL, PostScript.dll 4.27
      "There are two things important in life - to know the truth and to love"

Comment

Working...
      X