Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undo insert text into selection without affecting selection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Undo insert text into selection without affecting selection!

I'm trying to add my signature to a photo, and need to try various combinations of text sizes to see how it looks...fine...but...when I get the pix to to zoom size that I need so see it best, and make my selection box, and then add the text, when I use undo, instead of just undo-ing the text overlay, it undoes everything! My zoom is lost, my selection box is lost, and I'm back to square one...

Now it's likely maybe there's something in IV already that I don't know that might help, but for now, it's becoming a PITA.

Try Create Custom Selection (Shift C) and Lock Zoom (Shift L), available only if Fit to Image is the display option (F).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Of course Create Custom Selection is a workaround for this problem, because at least one can get the proper selection back with an extra Ctrl+C.

But j_c_hallgren is right about "instead of just undo-ing the text overlay, it undoes everything!".
      I've complained about this clumsy behaviour of the undo function in the past (can't recall the thread at the moment).
      The fact that an undo also resets to the default view, instead of staying in the current zoom factor, is another PITA, but is not directly related to the text-area problem. It's just a second non-elegant behaviour at the same time.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Heaven: a place where you can right click in a selection and chose "remember selection" or "re-apply selection"

Angels have it good.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X