Control of Sharpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Control of Sharpen

I would like to have more control on the Sharpen function Shift+S.
    No values can be entered, it's just a preset percentage as a modification.
    The Advanced Batch dialog proves that settings of Sharpening are possible.
    So direct access to change this percentage in the regular View environment would be very convenient.

Because, the default is able to get a reasonable result most of the times, but sometimes it's just too much, with too many artifacts.
    Then there's no other option than to don't use Sharpen at all.
    I use Sharpen quite frequently, when adjusting bitmaps for HTML purposes, so making them smaller. A sharpen function in between the stages can improve the result of the resizing sometimes. So I prefer precision in this process.
    A reason for the need of an adjusted approach of Sharpen : A photo reacts quite different than a scanned 4 color document.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

The default is set within the Effects Browser. I like a moderate sharpening that I can use incrememtally too, so I usually leave it around 5, never more than 10.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks. I remembered vaguely some place where this could be set, and there it is, the Effects Browser.
      So it's quite hard to find, because it doesn't show up in the basic Image/Effects context.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Not to mention that the Effects Browser wears a bigger pair of pants these days, and the order of the items is a bit on the random side.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Agreed. It's one of those dialogs which has been grown in the course of time by adding new things, without adjusting the logic behind the navigation.
          If I open this Effects Browser I get a list at the left with no consistency whatsoever. And to what file is this list related ?

Different Effects categories have different layouts of dialogs, see the 8BF section.
          It would be nice to evaluate the different GUI's and construct a common one containing the plus points of the variations.
          This one has the preview and the relevant slider, but a single, fuzzy list.
          Other dialogs have a distinction into 2 lists : an effect 'group' and the actual list of effects within that group.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
          X