Using VirtualPhotographer: Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using VirtualPhotographer: Questions

I figured out how to use VirtualPhotographer with IrfanView. What I would like to know is, is there a way I can short-cut accessing it? As it is, I have to hit Ctrl+K, then go through a bunch of steps (going to each successive folder individually) until VP comes up. Next, is there a way I can make the VP window larger? Thanks!

Originally posted by selkie305 View Post
    ... then go through a bunch of steps (going to each successive folder individually) until VP comes up. ...
    Once you have loaded the filters from a folder, they will stay there and you don't have to go through the folders the next time. Actually, when pressing CTRL+K, IV will show you the filters list with the one highlighted that you used last.

Next, is there a way I can make the VP window larger? ...
    You'll have to ask the maker of VP. - I seem to remember that dialog windows can be made resizable with ResHacker, but how the controls and preview within the window will respond to that is anyone's guess.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

No, I still have to go through the whole Add 8BF Filters, etc. every time. How do I save that information for next time?

Comment

This seems to be related to your IrfanView installation and you don't have write access to your settings.

- Did you install IrfanView yourself?
        - Are you now working with the same user as when you installed IrfanView?
        - What is your operating system?
        - Do you have a folder named C:\Documents and Settings\<your-user-id>\Application Data\IrfanView
        or similar?

Comment

My OS is Windows 7. I installed IrfanView myself, don't know exactly what you mean by user but nothing's changed except for adding VirtualPhotographer. Should I reinstall IrfanView or something? It's D\Programs\IrfanView, with VP installed in the IrfanView plugins. Like I said, I can open and use it, but I have to go through a whole procedure each time.

Comment

Oh great, now VirtualPhotographer has disappeared. I can't get to it anymore in IrfanView.

Comment

Difficult to diagnose from remote.

(1) I assume you have the newest IrfanView version: 4.28

(2) In your folder D:\Programs\IrfanView should be a file named i_view32.ini , ok?
              Can you try and open it in a text editor? Does it look like this:

[Others]
              INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

Comment

Next, is there a way I can make the VP window larger? Thanks!
                I do not use VP in Irfanview. However when using the VP plugin within Virtual Studio you can resize the VP window by dragging on the bottom right corner (you need to click on Fit again to make the image resize after you have done so).
                I would expect it to do the same in Irfanview ?

Comment

So Virtual Studio is a program of its own that I can use to access VirtualPhotographer? I'll have to check it out - I thought it was just another plugin. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X