Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is IrfanviewPluginsReviverStub.exe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is IrfanviewPluginsReviverStub.exe?

Hi all,

Just tried tried downloading the Irfanview plugin-pack from irfanview.com, and got to download something called IrfanviewPluginsReviverStub.exe at about 180kB. It is apparently provided by "software.com". This smells fishy to me, especielly since downloading the same plugin-pack from Tucows gets me a proper plugin-pack called irfanview_plugins_428_setup.exe and is almost 8MB in size.

What gives?? Is the official mirror trying to trick me and plant scumware on my computer? Some clarification would be nice.

Thanks.

It is an attempt to make you download a translation program called Babylon at the same time. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with that program but I too dislike the way that software.com does this and always use one of the other mirror sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      It is an attempt to make you download a translation program called Babylon at the same time. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with that program but I too dislike the way that software.com does this and always use one of the other mirror sites.
      Thanks for the info. I'll stay clear of software.com in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X