Batch resize and IPTC data - plug in updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch resize and IPTC data - plug in updates

I have IrfanView 4.28 installed on a Windows 7 SP1 64 bit computer with 8 GB RAM and i5 processor.

The batch resize feature works, except that IPTC data is not preserved. Is that by design? Have I missed something? Is the IPTC data supposed to be preserved or not?

I thought perhaps that updating the plug-ins might help, but the plug-in download from the IrfanView website is huge and contains "bundled" stuff that I absolutely don't want and that takes extra effort to make sure the extra !&!*# doesn't get installed.

I understand that IrfanView is a free program and revenue sources are needed to support the effort, but I still want a source for only the plug-ins - a source that will provide the current plug-ins (that work). Any suggestions?

Saving IPTC data seems to work OK if you enable that option on the JPG save dialogue. You can open the JPG options dialogue from the batch dialogue, and then set the advanced options for the batch operations — resize, crop, add text, etc.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

"Saving IPTC data seems to work OK if you enable that option on the JPG save dialogue."

Yes, it does. Thank you. That is one question answered.

I am still interested in a "plug-ins" only download source (current version). A search using Google was unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Comment

The last sub-forum on the front page (or click http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/foru...ctory-Browsing).

Is that what you were looking for?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Maybe. I see there are a few .exe files and a number of .dll files, including an Iptc.dll on that web page. I have to admit, however, that I don't know what to do with the dll. Is that the actual updated plug-in file? If so, what is the installation method to get IrfanView to recognize it?

Comment

Just create a folder plugins into your Irfanview Installation directory, for example

C:\Program Files\IrfanView428\Plugins

Then copy any files (dll, exe,etc.) you want into this folder.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
            X