Command line use changes INI options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command line use changes INI options

The JPG save quality option in the INI file is changed to the quality specified in a command line conversion. I had not observed this until I did some odd fooling around today.

This could be a bit of a problem. Let's say I left my setting at 85, and then I do a jpgq=10 conversion (using a batchfile in SendTo) to degrade a couple of images - part of a process that ends with an interesting abstract effect. Then I decide to reduce a few images' pixel size for e-mailing, using the GUI so I can select and crop, and I either don't have the options dialog box checked or I just don't look because I know I left it at 85, and I don't check the results before sending...ack!

Perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong angle, but it seems more bug than feature. Using the command line to convert to various formats does not change the last format choice. Most things don't change. Therefore, I do not anticipate a change, thinking that what is done through the command line is independent of normal settings. But there is a crossover, a different set of assumptions for some processes. Therefore, I am perturbed
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

This will take time to investigate.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
    X