Missing files in Batch Conversion dialog[v4.00]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Missing files in Batch Conversion dialog[v4.00]

Overview: Some files will not add to the file list when using the "Add" button in Batch Conversion dialog.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Download this example. It's simply 6 blank images. And three of them have Chinese filenames.
    2. Extract this archive and open the directory in Irfanview
    3. Press B to enter Batch Conversion Mode => Press Ctrl+A to select all files in the file selection box on the right => Press "Add" button on the left
    4. Result: You can see only 5 files were added to the file list, where there supposed to be 6 files.

Some side notes:
    1. The "Add all" button don't have this issue.
    2. English filenames don't have this issue. Hence it probably has to do with CJK (asian characters) filenames.
    3. Only tested on Windows XP with SP2.

Thanks for the great software.

regards,
    Kevin
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 04:08 PM.

Hi Kevin,

As steve wrote in a post in the old forum:
    "IrfanView does not support unicode, yet.
    Please rename the filename so you can open it !"

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      I guess Irfanview does support unicode, partially, since I don't have trouble viewing unicode files. And as I said in the previous post, "Add all" function works just fine. That's why I thought could be a small bug.
      I was just trying to make sure the author acknowledges this issue. It's not an important bug (missing feature?) anyway.
      Have a nice day!

Kevin

Comment

Missing files in batch Conversion dialog

You may find this is a Windows issue rather than an Irfan View one. Try using the Windows Search (or Find) function to look for your files. In my experience if Windows search does not find a file then neither will Add All. Presumably IV is using the same OS procedures.
        Win98 and 2000 users suffer from a related annoyance. If files are selected using Control-A and Add, then they are listed in the same order as in the selection box. If files are transferred using Add All then they are listed in the same order as in a Windows search, often quite different.

Comment

Working...
        X