Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.1 toolbox bug

Pick a folder with man images.
    Create a thumbnail display of the folder.
    Double click on a thumbnail.
    Hit the next arrow in the image viewer.
    The toolbox disappears and then behaves strangely. Alternate skins fail to work at all.

How many images? You have to describe the conditions a little more clearly. Not everyone has the same setup.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Hi,

It is tricky to reproduce. You need at least two files in a folder, say two jpegs. I have irfanview associated with jpegs, so I just double click on one of the files. Maximize the viewer, then close it. Double click again on the file so now the viewer comes up maximized this time. Then type t to get the thumbnails. Next close the viewer again. (this is important) Then from the thumbnails I double click on one of the files. The viewer comes up, maximized. So far no problems. Then hit the next file arrow in the viewer and the toolbox disappears. I have a screenshot in case you are interested.

Seems like a very slim chance that this sequence would ever come up, but it does repeatedly for me, something about the way I browse my folders and use the thumbnails. I guess it may also have something to do with the maximized viewer. If it is not maximized it does not happen. In fact if you change any of the above steps it does not happen.
      When it does happen, moving the mouse over a toolbox item causes it to appear, but it will disappear when you hit next file again. Must be something to do with toolbox repaint.

Originally posted by matera View Post
      How many images? You have to describe the conditions a little more clearly. Not everyone has the same setup.

Comment

Confirmed.

I was able to reproduce this bug.
        Individual toolbar icons will display if you mouse over them, and they still work. but the image fills the toolbar area.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you have one of the non-default toolbars it displays but does not work.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Confirmed.

I was able to reproduce this bug.
          Individual toolbar icons will display if you mouse over them, and they still work. but the image fills the toolbar area.

Comment

Hi,

great that you found that ...

Confirmed.

(Will be forwarded to Irfan now + entry in buglist !)

See here

steve

Comment

Hi,

bugs has been confirmed by Irfan; patch will follow.

steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

The status bar also disappears. Is Irfan aware of this ?

Laurent
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
                X