Golden Thirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Golden Thirds?

I'd love to see a Golden Thirds (Golden ratio) grid for when I use the Crop tool.

This is a very useful aid in cropping any image to get the proper balance.
    You see it in all the good graphical editing tools.
    I kind of wished it would be in V4.0.. :-)

What is it? It's a rectangle grid made up of 9 rectangles in a ratio of width to height of 1.618 and has been a useful aid in composing pictures for over 2000 years.

Quite why the ratio of 1 : 1.618 and the number 3 is hard-wired into everyone's brain is a mystery.

Also. how about when pressing the Ctrl key makes the selection tool outline move in 16 pixel jumps so I can judge the area the lossless cropping tool will crop. At the moment it's very hit and miss.

Comments?
    Stuart Halliday

You can get the golden thirds ratio by entering the proportions as a custom selection e.g. 500 - 809. Then drag the selection with control to maintain the proportion.

The 3x3 grid might be useful too.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Golden ratio rectangle is easily do-able of course.
      I'm more concerned about having a golden thirds 3x3 grid.

You need to see the 3x3 golden thirds grid on screen and to be able to resize it to correctly evaluate the image you're about to crop.
      Stuart Halliday

Comment

Added to Projects List
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X