Menu/option improvements, external editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Menu/option improvements, external editor

The "Open with external editor" feature, while improved, is a little skeletal yet. The three different editors are available only through the "File" menu, the topmost one being the default for context menu and hotkey. It would be nice if the context menu also had the three choices.

Another thought - an option for a dialog to pop up with the hotkey, OR...different key combos...
    Shift+E
    Shift+Ctrl+E
    Shift+Alt+E

*sigh* I'm so demanding. I can live for a while as it is, it works well enough
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Matera ... exactly .... and this is one of the feature requests I made in http://irfanview-online.com/vb/showthread.php?t=829

The only difference being that I said that it would be better to use Shift+1, Shift+2 & Shift+3 or ctrl+1, ctrl+2 & ctrl+3 to call up the respective editors!

Comment

FastStone Viewer uses "E" "Alt 2" and "Alt 3" — how odd!

I would prefer that Control 1, 2, 3 etc., be reserved for zoom to 100% 200% 300% etc. , or some other frequently used functions, so Alter 1,2,3 might be best. Shift E, Ctrl Shift E, Alter Shift E is not as Easy as it sounds.

The current Control H is often unknown by users — it is hardly intuitive for zoom to original size.

I forgot to add that the best option is to make keyboard shortcuts fully customisable so that users can define their own. If you designed it yourself, you won't complain about it being illogical, hard to remember, etc.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.10.2007, 09:55 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X