Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost drag n drop in 4.1 thumbnail viewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost drag n drop in 4.1 thumbnail viewer?

Just updated to 4.1 from version 4.
    I have always used the thumbnail viewer for sorting pics into different folders by drag n drop. In 4.1 however, I can grab a thumbnail ok (i.e. mouse click highlights it)... But as soon as the mouse drags past the thumbnail border the complete page of images shoots over to the right side of the screen and the mouse just alters the thumbnail page width (i.e. drags the vertical separator bar). Tried re-boot but still same effect.

Note that the F7 "move" works OK but is too much of a pain to use.

I love Irfanview and think it's great, but I'll go back to Version 4.0 until you get this one sorted.

Note this is on WinXP (fully updated sp2), AMD dual processor.

Thanks.

No problem here. I suggest that if you want it sorted you will have to find out if this is a bug, and if so, what is causing it. It is no use complaining to would-be helpers that you're going back to 4.0 until this is sorted.

Have you installed the latest plugins?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There is no difference for me, but I have a single processor and maintain a reasonable limit to the number of images per folder (don't know if that could be a factor in some cases). Mouse differences can come into play too. It's a complex world out there.

I sometimes use the thumb viewer as an aid in sorting, but drag-n-slop is too tedious and chancy for my taste - and I have a good file manager handy.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks guys for letting me know you have no problem. Knowing that, I installed Irfanview 4.1 onto a different PC (Intel Core duo + nVidia 8080) running Vista Home Basic and find it works fine on that machine too.

Went back to version 4.0 on the XP machine yesterday to do some work - no hassle as it literally takes less than one minute to uninstall/re-install Irfanview. That still worked fine and I used it for a few hours.

This morning I Installed 4.1 again (with plugins) and still have the same problem except there is also one additional problem: I then lost my Irfanview dead cat symbol against the files listed in explorer! Tried resetting the file settings from inside Irfanview, and also from within explorer folder options - no joy in either case.

This afternoon I've gone back to version 4.0 and the whole system is 100% once again.

I have simply reported my experience thinking it might help someone else. Since there is no other interest in this, I'll stay as I am and let sleeping dogs lie.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

Comment

I've been having this exact same problem with 4.1. I can't see it isn't widespread, so there must be some condition in my system that's interacting with Irfanview to cause this.

If anyone has any idea how I might find out what it is, I'd love to hear it.

Here's my setup.

PC:
          Dell Dimension DM051
          1 GB ram

XP, Media Center Edition
          version 2002
          SP2

Mouse:
          Dell HID-compliant mouse
          Microsoft driver 7/1/2001 version 5.1.2600.00
          no updated driver available

Comment