Can no longer use command line options with External editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer use command line options with External editor

In 4.0 after selecting an external editor in Misc 2 you could add a command line option and in most cases it worked. For instance I always used ....\explorer.exe /select, which opened an Explorer window at the selected file. From there you could Send To any program in your SendTo folder, as well as performing various File operations within Explorer that you can't do in IV. It was very useful.
    Now in 4.1 it won't work. (Explorer without the Select option opens the file in the associated program, so is not much use.)
    In 4.1 if there is any option present then nothing happens when you call the external editor. It won't even allow i_view32.exe to have a command line option. In 4.0 the option ....\i_view32.exe /thumbs would open a second thumbnail browser (although not at the selected file). Now it won't work at all.

Hi Mij,

As I just explained here write a batch file with as much command line options as you want.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Yeah, thanks Laurent.
      I didn't really want a workaround though. I just wanted what I had in v4.0 back again. I cannot see any reason why having a choice of 3 external editors needs a change in the way they are opened after you make the choice. That's why I posted it in Bug reports.

Comment

Hi Mij,

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        I didn't really want a workaround though. I just wanted what I had in v4.0 back again. I cannot see any reason why having a choice of 3 external editors needs a change in the way they are opened after you make the choice. That's why I posted it in Bug reports.
        I agree with you. My preference is by far not have to use a batch file and that the calls to external editors work like in version 4.00.

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
        X