Turn off hotkeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off hotkeys?

Hello, is there any way to turn off/change hotkeys? When i'm playing flash games, hitting A will always bring up Irfanviews 'about' screen as opposed to controlling an in-game character, and the space bar will jump to the next file in the directory, and so on.
    I'm sure it's blindingly obvious, but i'm baffled!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi oysta,

Do you mean that IrfanView's hotkeys are active even when IrfanView window isn't the active one on the desktop? This seems very strange. I can't replicate such a thing here.
    Or is it possible I misunderstood your post?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi Laurent, thanks for the reply.
      When I open a .swf game in IrfanView, a window titled "Irfanview Flash Player" opens on top of the original Irfanview window. When I press a hotkey, the original Irfanview window becomes the active one.
      I don't think you did misunderstand my post- the hotkeys are indeed active when the Flash Player is the active window.
      Many thanks in advance for any guidance!

Comment

Hi oysta,

I understand the problem much better now: closing IrfanView isn't a solution at all since you use it to display the file!
        Unluckily I fear that it is not possible to modify or to disable the hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts) in IrfanView.
        Maybe you'll want to write a post in the "Feature Requests" forum.

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thankyou Laurent,
          I really apreciate your response as it was driving me mental! (Got loads of games that require the keys W, A, S and D for character control). I'll definitely post it as a request, because that would make a future version of IrfanView just about perfect.
          Thanks again,
          Oysta

Comment

Working...
          X