Multi-Page Tiff to Multi-Page PDF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Page Tiff to Multi-Page PDF.

I'm using ImPDF to try and convert multipage tiffs to multipage pdfs. I'm only getting the first image on my pdf. Am I missing something?

On the print dialogue, you have to enable the option to print all pages for multipage tiffs. It works fine here with PDF Factory printer driver.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by rdnkjdi View Post
      I'm using ImPDF to try and convert multipage tiffs to multipage pdfs. I'm only getting the first image on my pdf. Am I missing something?
      There is a switch in the ImPDF options dialog (I guess on the last tab).

But it's still not working from batch dialog or during acquire. I hope this will be in the Christmas release :-)

Comment

There is a switch in the ImPDF options dialog (I guess on the last tab).

But it's still not working from batch dialog or during acquire. I hope this will be in the Christmas release :-)
        Bummer! Anybody know of any good command line tools I can use to convert multi-page tifs to multi-page pdfs?

Comment

Bummer! Anybody know of any good command line tools I can use to convert multi-page tifs to multi-page pdfs?
          I use 'PDF reDirect'. Their free version converts multi-page TIFs to multi-page PDF's. They also let new users try out the
          Pro version at no charge for 90 days before it reverts back to the free version.

I've used the free version for a couple of years and I have no complaints!
          "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow" -- Bizarro Ben Franklin

Comment

LibTiff have a tiff2pdf command. Find libtiff at http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/

by damjang

Comment

I think I might be able to help after struggling with what I think is the same problem as the person above is having. The problem was getting a multi-page scan saved to a pdf file. Here's what worked for me. It's sort of a two stage process.

You select File, Acquire/Batch Scanning in IrfanView and then select the multiple images button. Then, instead of selecting PDF as the Save As file type, you select TIF and also hit the "Save as multipage image.." button. This will save your images to a multi-page TIF file. Then, once you have the image up in IrfanView select File, Save as and select PDF as the file type and then save. That does it.

I learned a couple other things too. I have an automatic document feeder on my scanner so that allows me to get multiple pages scanned easily. However, I often want to scan duplex...i.e. the other sides of the same sheets. All you really have to do is keep scanning. The way IrfanView works is that it will continue to append these TIF scans to the same file. You'll see the file size grow as you do more and more scans that you want to include as part of the same file.

Then, once you've gotten all your scanning done to the file, open the TIF file in IrfanView and you can perform further edits. For example, you can rotate pages (under the Image menu item) that may have been scanned upside down....but, one trick is that you have to save the TIF file after rotating each page because your rotations won't keep unless the file is saved before viewing another page. Another thing you may need to do is reorder the pages. This can be easily done under View, Multipage Images, Edit Multipage TIF.

This app is very slick indeed.
              Thanks to all.

Comment

Hi rdnkjdi,

See this thread. A new version of ImPDF is available. maybe this can help.

Laurent
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
                  Hi rdnkjdi,

See this thread. A new version of ImPDF is available. maybe this can help.

Laurent
                  I'm sorry to say it will not. Irfan requested an append modus from ImPDF so that he does not have create a complete new file. PDF specification offers this possibility, because the last 1kb of the PDF describes the basic offset into the file. But changes are needed in ImPDF and Irfanview...

Comment

I just tried the new version of ImPDF, 0.40 on several multipage ccitt 4 tif's. Works like a charm - all pages convert. Iview 4.10.

What doesn't work? Is the problem just in batch mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      I think I might be able to help after struggling with what I think is the same problem as the person above is having. The problem was getting a multi-page scan saved to a pdf file. Here's what worked for me. It's sort of a two stage process.

You select File, Acquire/Batch Scanning in IrfanView and then select the multiple images button. Then, instead of selecting PDF as the Save As file type, you select TIF and also hit the "Save as multipage image.." button. This will save your images to a multi-page TIF file. Then, once you have the image up in IrfanView select File, Save as and select PDF as the file type and then save. That does it.

I learned a couple other things too. I have an automatic document feeder on my scanner so that allows me to get multiple pages scanned easily. However, I often want to scan duplex...i.e. the other sides of the same sheets. All you really have to do is keep scanning. The way IrfanView works is that it will continue to append these TIF scans to the same file. You'll see the file size grow as you do more and more scans that you want to include as part of the same file.

Then, once you've gotten all your scanning done to the file, open the TIF file in IrfanView and you can perform further edits. For example, you can rotate pages (under the Image menu item) that may have been scanned upside down....but, one trick is that you have to save the TIF file after rotating each page because your rotations won't keep unless the file is saved before viewing another page. Another thing you may need to do is reorder the pages. This can be easily done under View, Multipage Images, Edit Multipage TIF.

This app is very slick indeed.
                      Thanks to all.
                      I hope this isn't considered a cross post but I thought it would apply here as well. I created a little batch file that does this all in one step. You need to have the imPDF plugin installed in IV and set it to display the PDF after saving. The end effect is after the scan is complete the file is saved to a PDF and displayed in your default PDF viewer.
                      @Echo off
                      Echo This will initiate a scan with the current settings in IrfanView.
                      Echo The resulting scan will be saved as a PDF.
                      Echo Press ctrl-Break to cancel
                      del /q c:\scantemp\*.*
                      "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /batchscan (Scanfile,1,1,0,0,c:\scantemp,tif,1)
                      "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\scantemp\ScanFile1.tif /convert=Scanfile1.pdf
                      I've tried it with a variety of scanners with and without document feeders, including a network Scanner/copier on both WindowsXP and Vista.
                      Happy scanning.
                      Mark

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I'm having the same issue as you. I'm running the batch process on a directory with many subdirectories. Everything seems to go fine, but the resulting PDF files are only the first page of the multipage TIFF source file.

I'm using IrfanView 4.20 and imPDF 0.40.

Getting ready to try imPDF 0.58 beta build, but any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdiddle View Post
                          Getting ready to try imPDF 0.58 beta build, but any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated.
                          Tried the ImPDF 0.58 beta and got the same result.

The "Save all pages from original image" is checked. I even ran it once unchecked and then again checked to be sure it was reading the option properly.

Anything else I can try? Would really like to get this working. I've tried several TIFF to PDF converters, and this would be the best option I've tried if I could get it working!

Comment

Try doing it via the command line. Here is a batch file that will convert your multipage tiffs to multipage pdfs, provided your settings are correct in IrfanView:

Code:
                            @echo off
                            set Source=C:\MainDir
                            for /F "tokens=* delims=" %%a in ('dir /ad /b /s "%Source%"') do call :Sub "%%a"
                            if exist "%Source%\*.tif" ("%ProgramFiles%\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%Source%\*.tif" /convert="%Source%\*.pdf")
                            goto :eof

:Sub
                            if exist "%~1\*.tif" ("%ProgramFiles%\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "%~1\*.tif" /convert="%~1\*.pdf")
                            goto :eof
                            You may need to alter this in order to get the desired options you need. You may want to enhance it for better usability, too.

Comment

Just to give an update on the current situation:

Irfanview + ImPDF are not able
                              - to convert multi-page TIFFs to PDFs from batch mode
                              - to acquire directly to a multi-page PDF.

For these two actions Irfanview depends on the possibility to append a page to a PDF which is not implemented in the current version of ImPDF.

It works in direct mode or from the commandline because in this case Irfanview always creates a complete new PDF.

Comment

Working...
                              X