Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change location of plugins-directory

Hello,

Is there a way to change the location of the plugins directory?
    I need the flash-plugin which is not installed on my server. I downloaded the plugins-package but I can't install it to the default directory, since it is read-only. I've contacted the system administrator but he's unwilling to help me. Previously I had already created my own .ini file which I open using an alternate shortcut with the /ini= addition because I was unable to do batch conversions and set transparent colors in GIF's.

Is it possible to add an alternative location to i_view32.ini?

I believe that you can install Irfan View on a USB drive and run it from there.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I know, but I don't have a stick here. Don't think it would do much good, I've tried copying the program files to my personal network drive but I am not allowed to execute the program. I guess the same would apply to a USB stick.

Comment

Copying the program files to your personal network drive is probably not the right method.
        You'll have to re-install IV on that drive, maybe remove IV from the default Program Files dir as well.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That's just it, network policies don't allow me to install to my network drive or remove the program from the default program files.
          As Bhikkhu Pesala pointed out, it's normally possible to just copy the files and it should work fine, I've done this before, but I can't execute programs from my personal drive.

Comment

Hi,

so it is better for your job to contact your admin and try to find a way out of this with him.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

So there's absolutely no way around this?
              I've contacted the admin but he's being a hard*ss, saying I don't need the plugins to do my work. As if he knows anything about my job .
              I asked him very nicely to install the plugins on the server but he can't be bothered, although it's only 10 seconds of work.

Comment

My remark was wrong. IrfanView can be run with a copy on another partition, no install needed.
                This admin is an idiot. An adminus..
                A wild guess :
                Maybe you're allowed to import images or documents, etc.
                So if the extension of the plugin is temporary renamed to such a format, it could slip through,
                Then it's a matter of renaming into dll again, and try to find the path with Irfan View.
                In this case 2 files are involved, flash.dll and flash4.dll. (I wonder, are both of them necessary?)
                So you can find those, with already a jpg extension, here
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X