Enhance Colors dialog improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Enhance Colors dialog improvements

As a heavy user of IV, the only problem I have is with the "Enhance Colors" dialog which is not comfortable to work with.
    The problem is that it is too large and hides the full sized photo under it. Since the preview images are too small to show details, I usually change values and press preview. But then I have to move the dialog to the corner to check the detail and then move it back and readjust.

My suggestions are:
    1. Remove the preview images (or at least give an option to hide them)
    2. Move the controls to make the dialog as narrow as possible.
    3. Add a checkbox to hold the preview button down so that every change will be reflected immediately in the full image (or make the preview button 3-state)
    4. Make the dialog remember its position, so that next time you open it, it will show at the same position (this doesn't need to be persistent between sessions). BTW, the new save value on exit is excellent!
    5. If possible, increase the resolution of the sliders, because they're too jumpy

Thank you for this wonderful software. It has been going with me for almost 10 years now and became probably the most useful tool for me.
    --
    www.grebulon.com

Nice to bring this dialog in focus.
    It indeed takes too much space on the screen, to check the result properly.
    The preview of original and new is nice, if the picture is about a fourth of the monitor size. I bigger, it's quickly getting too rough.
    So:
    1. Support. If optional of course.
    2. Could be a bit smaller, but it contradicts somehow with your request 5. asking for fine resolution.
    3. Like the 'Eye' function in PSP. Would be nice, but it needs a 3-state buffer indeed.
    4. Would be quite elegant.
    5. It's jumpy when dragging. If you click on the sliderbutton, you can in/decrease with the LR arrow keys.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I spent some time scratching my head and muttering, "Preview button?" before I realized that it was the "Apply to original" button that was being referred to. I think the button needs a name change! *laughs at self*
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
      X