Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Warning - Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Warning - Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered...

For the past 2-3 months, every page I go to in this forum only, I have to answer the IE "Security Warning" question about viewing web page content.

Only this forum, not others.

Happens on my laptop with IE8/WinXPPro and my desktop with IE8/XPHome.

Did not formerly with do it with IE8, on this same laptop. Does not do it with Firefox 4.0+ on this laptop.

Something seems to have changed in the forum - or else a MS IE security update??

Any ideas? (My guess is some dumb MS security update.)

Thanks.

(and yes, I searched the FAQ's and forum, but did not get any hits (which surprised me))

I see the same problem in IE8. I guess its only a problem that the Admin can resolve. I suggest using another browser such as Opera, or Chrome.

Firefox 13 also warns that the web page delivers some content that is not encrypted.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 06.06.2012, 11:30 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I guess the forum switched to https at some point but does not provide a certificate.
      There should be a browser setting to trust and accept the connection to the domain.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.06.2012, 05:48 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

Comment

Opera doesn't give a warning, but it simply doesn't show the site as secure (gray badge, instead of yellow or green, in the address field). Using the https: address is apparently not sufficient to make the page secure.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

we are using a valid zertificate for irfanview-forum.de -> only for that domain, not for any other subdomain like the old en.irfanview-forum.de. If you click on a link like en.irfanview-forum.de you will be getting a zertificate error but you will be immediatly redirected to the secure irfanview-forum.de domain!

Stefan

Comment

Hi,

I fixed some site problems... now Opera should show some green button

Stefan

Comment

Opera shows a yellow secure site badge.

Fraud and Malware Protection

Secure: Secure connection

Not a green badge:

Trusted: Secure connection, with verified identity
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.06.2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The warning messages have stopped on both my laptop and desktop, so somebody fixed something! Stefan? Thank you very much!

Comment

Firefox shows now a key and a blue label for a secure and encrypted connection.
                  Blue and not green because the identity is unknown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	irfanview-forum-firefox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	80782

Comment

Ok,

so everything is working fine now

Stefan

Comment

Has been working great! No more warning message on each page.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X