Custom selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom selections

The new feature in Custom selection to automatically enter the parameters of the on-screen selection box, if one is present, works fine. Thanks for that. However when the selection is then Applied to Image (with or without changes having been made) I get a range of oddities. Sometimes the new parameters are saved, sometimes not. Sometimes when using Custom selection subsequently and pressing Apply to image the selection may not appear at all, or may be zoomed immediately or if it does appear I cannot crop with Cntrl+Y (but can using the menu).

Unable to reproduce the problem here.

Please try to find a precise recipe. Zoom to selection will happen if you left-click inside of it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The parameters will change when a selection is made by hand, but will revert to the previous custom parameters. This is odd behavior in itself. So far I have not seen the custom parameters change from any other input. However, I have also noticed that the selection may not always be applied. I think we are getting some bugs-in-transition as the selection modes are being altered and some parts don't mesh perfectly yet.

The kind of view chosen might affect it too, whether the image is zoomed, fitted, resampled, etc.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Sorry guys. The odd behavior seems to have been caused by my mouse button. With a new mouse I get no problems, although I can simulate some by a very fast double click on the Apply to Image button. The "problem" I cannot reproduce that way is the one that sometimes saved the drawn box parameters - a pity, that was the only useful one.
        Yes, Matera, there are a few niggles - another is that you have to leave the Custom dialog set at None. if you leave it set to a Ratio the drawn box width is changed. I am not sure if that counts as a bug though.

Comment

Working...
        X