Palette Import Bug 3.99->4.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palette Import Bug 3.99->4.00

There seems to be a bug related to importing palettes that has cropped up in version 4.00 and later. When I import a palette, it does not properly set the index values. I have attached a few files to illustrate (the base image is grayscale PNG).

NISE_D_20071028_sm.png : base image

nise-jasc2.pal.txt : palette file (need to remove the .txt to use in irfanview)

NISE_D_20071028_sm_if399.png : resulting file after importing palette using 3.99

NISE_D_20071028_sm_if400.png : resulting file after importing using 4.10

The image using version 3.99 looks the way it should; the 4.10 version does not.

I am using WinXP.

Thanks for your attention to this, and thank you for such a great application! I have used it for years but have to go back to 3.99 now until this is addressed.

Kevin
    Attached Files

I don't have 3.99 along (4.10 on W2K), but I can confirm this behaviour.

I checked the palette of ..400.png and the .pal file was correctly imported, but it obviously does nothing.
    Did more testing. Imported a colourful .pal file from a fractal into the base image. It didn't look right.
    Then I inverted ..399.png and exported the palette again. So all black becomes white.
    Importing into the base bitmap definitely gives the wrong output.

Edit: Using a full-color BMP. Converting to grayscale can be done in several ways.
    Decreasing colour depth with 'Make grayscale' enabled, or directly via Image/Convert to Greyscale.
    Both results appear to produce different palette files.
    The direct option offers the right order imo, just lineair from 0 to 255.
    Last edited by Sam_Zen; 31.10.2007, 04:32 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
    X