Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop bug in Batch Conversion

I think I have found a bug when cropping a set of images, as follows:
    I wish to remove 48 pixels from the top of a set of images and crop the new height of all images to 1080. The images are varying widths which I wish to keep unchanged.
    So on Advanced options I check Crop, set X-coord to 0, Y-coord to 48 , leave width blank, set height to 1080.

The first image of the set is 1488 pixels wide, the next is 1680 wide and there are other variations.
    The first image is correctly cropped, but all subsequent images more than 1488px wide are cropped corrrectly at the top and set to the required height, but are also cropped on the right to 1488px. Images narrower than 1488 are cropped correctly.

I am not changing the images in any other way.

If I move the widest image of the selection to the top of the list, the process works correctly.

I have checked this in versions 397 and 410

IrfanView 410
    1. Start Batch operations and create a list of 4 or 5 images of varying sizes. Ensure you know the height and width of each.
    2. Select Advanced options.
    - Check CROP, set x-coord to 0, Y-coord to 48, select Let Top.
    3.Make sure that RESIZE, CHANGE COLOR DEPTH and OTHER OPTIONS are unchecked
    4. Click OK (return to conversion screen)
    5. Use Move Up and Move Down to put the image of smallest WIDTH at the top of the list and specify a suitable output folder etc.
    6.Click Start

When the operation finishes, check the resulting images. You will find them all cropped top and bottom correctly, but the images wider than the first will have been cropped on the right to the same width as the first.

Repeat with the widest image moved to the top of the list and all will be OK.

Now move an image with width between the widest and smallest to the top of the list and repeat again. The top image and those narrower are OK, but those wider are cropped on the right.

A circumvention is possible. After more testing I have discovered that setting X-coord to 0 and Width to a figure greater then the largest image width overcomes the problem, but this requires that the user knows a value suitable for this.
    Last edited by Vince; 04.11.2007, 02:17 PM. Reason: Provide step by example to reproduce problem
Working...
X