Reverse the batch GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Reverse the batch GUI

Not sure if anyone talked about this before, but the new GUI for batch processing is ... overhand.
    To me, the normal steps in doing a batch are
    1. select the files
    2. set the options
    3. start
    Buth the new GUI goes against this intuitive order by putting Options first (at left) and files second (at right).
    What's worse, the Start/Cancel buttons are on the left corner!

Could we have the two "columns" reversed please, the files area at left and the options at right?
    (I wonder if Irfan or whoever designed the gui, is lefthanded?)

This is what I'm thinking about
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the same change as the Slideshow dialog that has been discussed here previously. The advantage of the new layout is that you can now drag the right hand edge of the window to increase the size of the file name boxes. That is one huge improvement over the fixed size in the previous arrangement and I , for one, am delighted with it.
      I am sure you will very quickly get used to the new layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        This is the same change as the Slideshow dialog that has been discussed here previously.
        Not sure which thread you're talking about...

The advantage of the new layout is that you can now drag the right hand edge of the window to increase the size of the file name boxes. That is one huge improvement over the fixed size in the previous arrangement and I , for one, am delighted with it.
        I totally agree that being able to resize the files list is useful and, well... logic / natural.

But you don't have to reverse the whole layout (and break people's habits ) just to make one control or one side of the dialog resizable.
        E.g. In the old Delphi6 most controls have an anchor property to make them autoresize / autoreposition when the window is resized.
        I think Visual C, BC++, VB all have similar thinks.

Anyway, DIY only takes this:
        a) put all the right side of the (old) layout in one panel or groupbox, and
        b) add 1 line of code, to keep this container fixed to the right, like "control.Left := Window.Width - control.Width - 20 (spacing)".
        Simple and safe.

Sometimes I wish IV was open source. But only sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Bh77 View Post
          Not sure which thread you're talking about...
          Well this is a complaint about the new Slideshow dialog in v4.10 with file names on the right

and this is a complaint about it in v4.00 when the file names were on the left

There are others. This topic goes back a long way.

Comment

Working...
          X