Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't recognize the Scanners on my two scanner/printers - My Twain window is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't recognize the Scanners on my two scanner/printers - My Twain window is blank

I have a 64-bit Windows 7 Pro PC and two printer/scanners, an old Canon MX700 and a more recent Brother HL-2280DW. The Canon used to show up in the Twain window but hasn't in over a year, but it would still scan after displaying an error message. Both of the scanners Twain drivers show up in a program called Paperport, and both scanners show up as "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager. Both show up as printers to Irfanview. I installed the Brother files as an administrator, I've paused my anti-virus Avast, I uninstalled the Canon driver and reinstalled it fresh from the Canon website, but nothing I do causes the scanners to show up in the Select Twain/Scan source window.

Sorry to state the obvious, but are the scanners switched on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Select Source.png
Views:	224
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	92337
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi. Have you solved this problem? Personally, in addition to reinstalling the drivers, resetting the settings also helps me. Although unambiguously the causes of breakdowns are individual

Comment

Working...
      X