X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding exact image duplicates

Hi folks.

Does anyone know a way of finding "100% exact image duplicates"

"exact image duplicates": means that each pixel in image A has the same colour as in image B

Note that images can be 100% identical but have different file size and hash value (e.g. think of .jpeg images with comments or added/deleted exif data).

I have tested several "image duplicate finder" programs, and while they work extremely well for finding similar images, none of them offers the possibility to check if images are exactly identical. Some of them even display a "similarity percentage value", but - alas - 100% does not really mean 100% identical, but rather "a very close match" (which sometimes turns out to be 100% identical, but sometimes not). Bad terminology.

I also have command line programs which can compare two images and tell me whether or not they are 100% identical. But they are not capable of comparing multiple images (one file against a file list, or all files within a file list, or one file list against another one).

So anyone knows how to find 100% exact image duplicates ?
    thanks

Duplicates

Hello, I am new here, consider to use the software, but only if it detects duplicate files.
    I am not organized, and have ten years of photography (about 200,000+ pix) spread all over my PC and extended drive, in many sizes, and types. I need a good broom.
    Will IV do it?

Thanks..

[Edit]
    I've moved your thread here!
    (Because also in this thread it concerns the same topic.)

moderator Frank
    Last edited by Frank; 22.05.2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The question is a little bit old, but here you have some answers!

Searching with Google I've found these results:
      AllDup, AntiDupl, Anti-Twin, Clone Remover, DoublerKiller, DoublePics, DupDetector, Duplicate Files Searcher, Duplicate images finder, Easy Duplicate Finder, PictureRelate, Unique Filer, VisiPics, ...
      (But please consider: I didn't verify all these results!)

regards
      Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        The question is a little bit old, but here you have some answers!
        DoublerKiller, DupDetector
        (But please consider: I didn't verify all these results!)

regards
        Frank
        I can verify that DoubleKiller and DupDetector are good programs to check of 100% image duplicates.

DoubleKiller is for detecting 100% similar files (not just images) by checking equal file size and hash value. DupDetector, on the other hand, works only on images and uses an algorithm to visually check if two images are duplicate. It has a 'detect if 100% similar' option. I will usually do a run with DoubleKiller, to detect 100% similar files and then do a run with DupDetector. DupDetector also has other nifty features. Its screenshot in its website doesn't do it justice. Download it and then check out its help manual.

Comment

Working...
        X