Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Screen capture only captures part of screen

Hi,
    So far I am not doing very well at bug reporting, but I will try again. I have a new Windows 8.1 laptop from Samsung with a very high resolution 3200x1800 screen. Irfanview only captures 1600x900 of the upper left corner. I checked FastStone and it works OK.

Hi,
    In Windows 8.1 go to properties for the irfanview shortcut. Under the compatibility tab check the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box. Then screen capture works, but the menus and paint dialog are miniscule. So Windows 8.1 detects that Irfanview is not DPI aware and then fools it into thinking the display is smaller than it actually is.

Comment

Send this bug report direct to Irfan Skiljan. I doubt if many users will have both Windows 8.1 and a 3200 x 1800 dpi screen to test this.

Reporting "bugs" here first is always helpful to get confirmation, but in this case it seems unlikely that many users will be able to help.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X