No announcement yet.

pixel to pixel zoom (1) only shows 4:3 section on 16:9 secondary screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug pixel to pixel zoom (1) only shows 4:3 section on 16:9 secondary screen

Not quite sure if I can describe this correctly, but here goes:

I have a 1280x1024 primary screen and a 1920x1080 secondary screen to its left, to which I have set irfanview to show its pictures, by default full screen and zoomed to fit (if larger). Both zoom to fit and zooming in on an image in full screen work fine, until I arrive at 1:1 pixels (or press 1 directly), at which point only a 4:3 left justified section of the image refreshes, the remaining section on the right of the 1080p screen showing a static 'ghost' image of whatever it previously showed, instead of using the full screen. Panning at 1:1 still results in only that 4:3 section actually panning around. Examples:

Could it be that irfanview for some reason reverts to the *primary* screen's aspect ratio when in full 1:1 zoom, instead of using the aspect ratio of the active screen?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MiG; 08.03.2014, 10:44 PM.

Unless someone else has a similar dual monitor setup, there's nothing we can do to check. You may as well send a bug report directly to Irfan Skiljan and see what he has to say. Let us know your results.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There have been reports of odd behaviour in the past when a secondary monitor is configured as the left hand display of an Extended desktop setup. Do you get the same problem if your secondary monitor is configured as the right hand display?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        There have been reports of odd behaviour in the past when a secondary monitor is configured as the left hand display of an Extended desktop setup. Do you get the same problem if your secondary monitor is configured as the right hand display?
        Just temporarily swapped the screens, and zooming to 1:1 while in full screen on the now right positioned 1080p screen (still as 'extended desktop') indeed works correctly. As far as bug reports go, I don't see any mention of a bug tracker so I was assuming this forum is the place to go?

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
          As far as bug reports go, I don't see any mention of a bug tracker so I was assuming this forum is the place to go?
          It's always a good idea to post bug reports here first to save inundating Irfan Skiljan with bogus reports, of which we see plenty. The IrfanView homepage says to send him an email in case of bugs. His email is given in Help, About.

Most of us are just long-term users/fans of IrfanView, but there's a few plugin developers who participate from time to time. Irfan (ear fan) doesn't even visit AFAIK and the forum was not set up by him.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Did find posts by him while searching for other reports about this issue so I don't think he's a complete stranger (in fact, irfanview.com refers to this forum), but I've sent him an email, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
              Did find posts by him while searching for other reports about this issue so I don't think he's a complete stranger (in fact, irfanview.com refers to this forum), but I've sent him an email, thanks.
              He's not on the member list, so I don't know who you found in your search.

Comment

Don't recall which threads either. Oh well.

Anyway, mailed him and apparently it's an nVidia driver bug, so sadly not much he can do there.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I have edited the thread as it's not a bug in IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
                  X