Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to scroll images in folders which names contain certain japanese characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Unable to scroll images in folders which names contain certain japanese characters

Using IrfanView 4.44 32-bit version.

In certain folders with japanese characters the program refuses to scroll images to next/previous, using the arrow keys or scrollwheel.
    If the image is deleted this is also not reflected in the program, it won't switch to the next one.
    What is weird is that only a portion of characcters cause this, in most folders this bug does not manifest.

I checked 3 other image viewing programs and none of them had this issue in the same folders, so this is 100% related to IrfanView.

What is even more weird, is that if I create another folder within the problematic one and dump all images there, I can scroll images again.
    So the problematic characters in a file path do not cause this bug unless they are in the name of a folder which contains the images.

Example of such characters: ?
    If this character is in the folder name, you won't be able to scroll images in that folder.

This bug was present for probably 5 years or more.
    Last edited by White Spirit; 10.06.2017, 12:39 PM.
Working...
X