Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported IrfanView 4.57 no full screen on Enter for scanned picture

Hello,
    just after updating to 4.57 (64bit, on Win10) I found that hitting the enter key does not switch to fullscreen mode for a picture which was just before scanned.
    However
    - choosing "View - Full screen" from the menu does enter fullscreen mode even for a freshly scanned picture,
    - hitting the enter key does switch to fullscreen mode for pictures loaded from disk.
    Regards, Wilfried

Hello Wilfried,

just checked quickly with 4.57 under Win10 64-bit. Tested single scan with both auto-close of WIA dialog disabled as well as enabled. Enter still switches to fullscreen. So I can't confirm the behaviour.

Make sure that the WIA dialog has been closed, otherwise the Irfanview main window does not receive the Enter key event because it doesn't have the event focus.

I think you need to provide more details on the exact procedure and settings. Auto-close of WIA dialog on or off? Happens after first scan or after any scan? Was Irfanview freshly opened or did you do other operations before?

/LongTermUser

Comment

Hello all,
      yes, after closing the scanner GUI window, the Enter key successfully switches to full screen in IrfanView.
      When the scanner GUI is still open, none of the hot keys have an effect in the IrfanView window.
      But in the previous version of IrfanView, hitting the Enter key did switch to full screen even when the scanner GUI was still open.
      And I can switch to IrfanView 4.57 full sceen by using the menu, and while in full screen, the Enter key brings back normal view even when the scanner GUI is still open.
      By the way I found out that a left double click in the IrfanView window switches to full screen, which is a useful workaround.

Comment

Working...
      X