Custom Crop tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Custom Crop tool

Sometimes, It seems that the Custom Crop tool doesn’t work as expected.
    I’ve been helping a friend who is taking pictures of book pages …
    Then custom cropping to a fixed aspect ratio, converting to grayscale and enhancing the color (grayscale)

Then, these pictures are being assembled into a pdf using pdfCreator.
    About 3>4% of the time .. a picture will result in a fatal error of pdfcreator.
    The fix is to re-crop the “faulty” picture to it's full proportions.

Don’t know if this can be fixed .. or is a real bug .. Just thought I’d let Ya’ll know

Sounds like a bug in PDF Creator, not IrfanView. Nothing we can do with such a lousy report anyway, even if it is a bug in IrfanView.

Are you cropping the image while viewing at 100%? Is the cropped image the expected size after cropping?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Then why does re-cropping the pic with a “select all” in Irfanview fix the pdfCreator problem ??
      The final pic size looks the same either way … I think they were all cropped the same way initially.
      The pdfCreator error report says something about out of bounds ??
      My Apologies for the Lousy report.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Nothing we can do with such a lousy report anyway, even if it is a bug in IrfanView.
        Originally posted by Noyb View Post
        My Apologies for the Lousy report.
        Why exactly are you apologizing?

Comment

The pdfCreator error report says something about out of bounds ??
          I do not know much about pdfcreator but "out of bounds" suggests to me that the image may be too big for the page. Your program may be reading the DPI setting to determine that image size. I would check it in image Information.

AFAIK the Custom crop tool just sets the size and position of the selection box for you. The actual cropping process is exactly the same as if you had set the selection box by hand.

Comment

Then, these pictures are being assembled into a pdf using pdfCreator.
            About 3>4% of the time .. a picture will result in a fatal error of pdfcreator.
            The fix is to re-crop the “faulty” picture to it's full proportions.

Don’t know if this can be fixed .. or is a real bug .. Just thought I’d let Ya’ll know
            Did you ever try to save the images with the ImPDF plugin of IrfanView?

The latest IrfanView allows also to create multipage pdfs from single images.

Comment

Working...
            X