V4.25-V3.90: IrfanView Loops on Displaying to Many .JPGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported V4.25-V3.90: IrfanView Loops on Displaying to Many .JPGs

Sometimes if too many .jpg are displayed at once some of the last ones to be displayed cause a loop in IrfanView where it uses all of the CPU cycles in a CPU core. The temporary work around is to end the process in the Task Manager of IrfanView that is chewing up the CPU cycles. Nothing else has any effect. Trying to kill the offending task through IrfanView, task bar, or on screen does nothing. I have noticed this problem since at least v3.90 through current v4.25. Through single & 4 core computers, AMD & Intel, Windows XP Pro SP2 through SP3 x32, & Windows 7 x64. The number of jpgs that have to be displayed are around 10 to 14 before the problem may show up. The same jpg can display by itself OK or sometimes OK with others. The attached file causes the problem more often than other files. I have never used IrfanView other than as a viewer & I have never seen this problem when Windows explorer is using IrfanView to display thumbnails of files in a directory. I wonder if there is a common work area that IrfanView uses when displaying these files that then fills up? Thanks for a good program & hope for a fix.
    Attached Files
Working...
X